Date:      Wed, 7 Dec 2016 19:10:56 +0100
From:      Matthieu Volat <mazhe@alkumuna.eu>
To:        "Kevin P. Neal" <kpn@neutralgood.org>
Cc:        Nilton Jose Rizzo <rizzo@i805.com.br>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there possible run a MacOS X binary

--Sig_/u=OO1XFK8Znh_PpR=FQ3Dpl

On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 14:31:06 -0500
"Kevin P. Neal" <kpn@neutralgood.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 02:49:07PM -0300, Nilton Jose Rizzo wrote:
> >=20
> >=20
> >  Sorry for cross posting (-current and -ports)
> >=20
> >=20
> > Is there any emulator like linuxator to run Mac OS X binaries, or=20
> > is ther any licensing problem?
>=20
> It may be possible to make an emulator for Darwin (the OS that Mac OS sits
> on top of), but an emulator for Mac OS would probably require a legal copy
> of Mac OS.
>=20
> So, no, there is no Mac OS emulator for FreeBSD. And I'd be surprised if
> it ever happened.
>=20

You can have a look at darling <https://www.darlinghq.org/>; which aim to pr=
ovide the macos(x) equivalent to wine (so, no kernel bits?), but given how =
I'm currently struggling with wine on FreeBSD, I would not bet this will wo=
rk without some porting.

(Note that lots of parts of macos are closed source (frameworks, and aqua),=
 so unlike linux, you can't just grab their libraries like that, and there'=
s the problem of the display)

-- Matthieu

--Sig_/u=OO1XFK8Znh_PpR=FQ3Dpl

--Sig_/u=OO1XFK8Znh_PpR=FQ3Dpl--