Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 1997 16:27:43 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        bsdscsi@aeon.net (mika ruohotie)
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scsi error

>i use adaptec 2940UW, fujitsu 2gig ultra drives. (same server i had 3940UW
>but had to take it out coz of errors worse than that)

You mentioned before of problems with the 3940.  They seem to work fine.
The only difference I know of between the 3940 and the 2940 is that on
systems that don't properly setup the bridge chip, you must use PIO (i.e.
don't put AHC_ALLOW_MEMIO in your kernel config file).  This "caveat" is
documented in the ahc.4 man page.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations