Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2006 23:04:44 +0530
From:      Gobbledegeek <gobbledegeek@gmail.com>
To:        smithi@nimnet.asn.au, ertr1013@student.uu.se, jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu,  cswiger@mac.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using extended partitions.. ?

Well Well. .Surprise surprise!! Using extended logical partitions in
freebsd is easier than I thought!

I ran disklabel -w  /dev/ad8s9 , then newfs to create a new ufs2
filesystem, and then added the new ufs partition to /etc/fstab.
Likewise with my other logical partitions /dev/ad8s10, ad8s11 etc...
which were linux ext3fs earlier. Now I'm richer by 30gb!! Hiyaaa!
Whaddayaknow! I also read my xp  ntfs logical d: drive, so now I can
download in any OS and still access them from fbsd.

My linux is gone of course, but who wants linux with the linux ABI on fbsd?

As simple as that!

I'm on fbsd 6.1-p3 fyi.

Rgrds