Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 08:34:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        "Mariusz Potocki" <potok@free.polbox.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>
Subject:   Re: SWAP SPACE

On 22-Jul-97 "Mariusz Potocki" wrote:
>> I'm getting an out of swap space message in my /var/log/messages
>> file from time to time. How do I check how much swap is being used
>> and kind of monitor what's using it? Is there a tool?
>
>I think, that you can use top.

I recently added a second swap partition on my system (I was occasionally
getting the "out of swap" messages, too).  Added in quite easily, really.
I just used Partition Magic to free up some space on my DOS drive, created
a BSD partition, labeled it and added it to my /etc/fstab (also had to do a
MAKEDEV wd0s2b for it, but that's no problem).

Works great, and I *seriously* doubt I'll be running out of swap anymore (I
added another 124 megs in the new partition).  :-)

--
Conrad Sabatier
http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads/