Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:02:11 -0400
From:      Gerald S Stoller <gs_stoller@juno.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        gs_stoller@hotmail.com
Subject:   The  find  command

FreeBSD  4.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE #0: Sat Apr 21 10:54:49 GMT 2001
    jkh@narf.osd.bsdi.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

          I tried out the  -inum  option of the  find  command and find
that it didn't work.  I got a valid  inode  number from 'ls -i' and fed
that to 'find  dir  -inum inode#' and got no file names back.  If there
is someone familiar with this command's code and can fix it, please
inform me and do so.  I don't know where the error is, i.e., is all the
code for  -inum  missing or just a small part of it?  I don't know what
structure contains all the inodes in a partition and how to associate
inodes with file path-names (but I'd like to know this, so if someone can
send me data as to where this info is, I would appreciate it).
        I may try to fix it if I can get that info on inodes that I
mentioned, if no one else can do it.