Date:      Mon, 04 Mar 2002 00:11:56 -0500
From:      Matt Penna <mdp1261@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        snow man <dr_garrett@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Commercial User List

At 05:41 PM 3/3/02 -0900, snow man wrote:
>I have a question about your list of commercial users referenced on your
>site.  Specifically is hotmail.com still running on FreeBSD?  I work for a
>systems integrator and we had a Microsoft tech guy up here (in Alaska)
>working with us on a project.  As technical types are apt to do while
>working at 2:00 AM we were talking about other project we have worked on.
>During some point one night, while we were waiting for a cluster of Win2K
>servers to reboot (again), he mentioned that hotmail.com was migrated to,
>"an entirely Microsoft based environment" except for a few "legacy" bits &
>pieces.

Dan,

I was given a link to this article when it was first written in December:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/23348.html

Assuming the information is accurate, it still runs in part on FreeBSD.
Though The Register itself does not have a reputation for being the most
objective of sources, I'm just passing the information along for your (and
the list's) edification and amusement.

Maybe others here can offer specifics.

         Matt

--
Matt Penna                                      mdp1261@rit.edu
ICQ: 399825                                     S0ba on AOLIM