Date:      Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:22:25 +0100
From:      Nick Hilliard <nick-list@netability.ie>
To:        pavneet_arora@waroc.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: sugarcrm-2.5.1b_1

--=-89Xvna4QymOfw4nyI9Hd

> I noticed that SugarCRM Open Source is now at version 3.5.  I was
> wondering if work was afoot to bring the supported ports version up to
> the most recent or even the previous release (v. 3.0).

Hi Pavneet,

This is in the works, but is slightly low priority for various reasons
(it's conference season at the moment :-/).

The main reason is hasn't been done is that SugarCRM (the company) don't
support upgrades very well.  So if you want to upgrade your data from
2.5.1 to 3.5, you have to upgrade your installation from 2.5.1 -> 3.0 ->
3.0.1 -> 3.5.0.  This sucks royally, in my very humble opinion, but
mostly because Sugar are pumping out new versions at the rate of one
every 4-5 weeks, and I just don't have the time to run around in
circles, trying to catch up with what they're doing.  That, and the fact
that people who only occasionally upgrade would have serious problems
trying to go through the correct upgrade order from cvsup.

I've attached a (non approved) port of 3.0.1.

Nick

--=-89Xvna4QymOfw4nyI9Hd--