Date:      Wed, 08 Apr 1998 14:00:46 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mysterious Extended DOS Partition

Konrad Heuer wrote:

> I'm not sure whether this is the mailing list of choice to tell about the
> problem I observed - but might be!

	Never cross-post to -questions and -hackers. Please follow up to
-questions.

> On a PC with 4 primary partitions (NTFS-OS/2 Boot Manager-FAT-FreeBSD) I
> wanted to remove NT and to change its partition to an extended DOS
> one (shame on me not to create a FreeBSD partition). I used FreeBSD's
> fdisk to change the partition id to 5.

	The moral of your story is that if you want to create DOS partitions,
use DOS' fdisk.

Good luck,

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the world's largest