Date:      Sun, 12 Aug 2001 06:09:20 -0400
From:      parv <parv@worldnet.att.net>
To:        David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
Cc:        f-q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: help w/ timidity...

this was, on the fateful occasion around Aug 11 15:57 -0400,
sent by David Banning

> On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 03:51:44PM -0400, David Banning wrote:
> > > so, there is no *.cfg* file installed; only the binary, 2 man pages -
> > > timidity(1) & timidity.cfg(5), and 2 empty directories -
> > > /usr/local/(lib|share)/timidity.
> >
> > Their web site states;
> >
> >  By default, timidity.cfg is located in
> > /usr/local/lib/timidity/timidity.cfg
> >
> > and they give a reference on cfg files at;
> >
> > http://www.goice.co.jp/timidity/dist/cfg/           (Some samples of *.cfg)
>
> Sorry that last link was bad - I found it at;
>
> http://raiden.goice.co.jp/member/mo/timidity/dist/cfg

i got a gigantic file which included various instruments'
definitions/patches & configuration files from here...

http://www.stardate.bc.ca/eawpatches/html/default.htm
http://www.stardate.bc.ca/eawpatches/html/get_patches.htm

...timidity++ seems to be happy now...

thanks anyway david.