Date:      Mon, 02 Feb 2009 15:55:30 -0500
From:      Brad Mettee <bmettee@pchotshots.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: short-changed on SD card?

Grrr - I really don't like that this mailing list default Reply-To is the
original author instead of the mailing list itself........

Snip from mis-directed e-mail

Does an XP machine also detect it as 960MB? If not, can you put more than
960M on it and verify that it's all intact?

Create a 100MB zip file, put 10+ copies on the card. Then test to see if
the CRC is correct on all of the copies. If they're alls ok, then the card
is in fact 2GB. If you start getting errors on any of the files (and can
wipe/repeat the problem), then I'd say you've been ripped off and it's only
a 1GB card.