Date:      Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:22:03 +0100
From:      Bjorn Eikeland <bjorn@eikeland.info>
To:        "V@dim" <vadimg@sacura.net>
Subject:   Re: Help to configure FreeBSD as server

I think you can solve this by adding the DNS suffix to the search list
in /etc/resolv.conf, eg:
nameserver x.x.x.x
search domain.tld

This will make your box try adding domain.tld to the host you're trying
to lookup. (If you use subdomains you can add them too)

(Or use DHCP to pass the DNS suffix on to the clients)

hth