Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 10:03:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status of "learn" project?

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Conrad Sabatier wrote:

> Tried adding "learn-all" to my sup file recently, as per the instructions
> in the original announcement, but there doesn't seem to be anything in the
> CVS repository.
>
> So where *are* the sources for this thing?  How does one get them?

The CVS repository is directly available at freefall.FreeBSD.org.
Send a message to learners@freebsd.org or kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net
to obtain access to the repository using cvsup and to get put on
the "learners" mailing list.

The CVS repository for "learn" is mirrored on an anonymous ftp site
at andrsn.stanford.edu in the /pub/learncvs directory; it's being
updated twice daily.  You can get the entire contents of this
directory with the command "get learncvs.tar.gz".

If you want sources only, you can get them with cvsup using

*default host=cvsup.de.freebsd.org
*default release=cvs
learn-all

in your supfile (Joerg Wunsch's mirror).

"learn" is a program developed by Brian Kernighan and Mike
Lesk at Bell Labs years ago to teach, through interaction
with the system itself, unix to beginners.  The original
source code has been somewhat modified by Kevin Eliuk and
Joerg Wunsch to run on FreeBSD, but needs further updating
and additional lessons to make it suitable for inclusion in
FreeBSD.  So this is a development project--not yet ready to
use.

			Annelise Anderson  andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu