Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 19:04:23 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, David Murphy <drjolt@redbrick.dcu.ie>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Voxware is toast. Get used to it. (Re: Suggestions for improving newpcm performance?)

At 8:43 AM -0800 2000/3/21, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>                           I challenge you to find anything about 4.0
>  which is inherently less stable or usable than, say, 3.4.

	I can't speak for the relative quality of 4.0 versus 3.0, but
I'll take your word for it.  However, if you're going to compare 4.0
to 3.4, then I think a perfect counter-example is the message that
got this whole thread started -- voxware.

	I do continue to monitor the -current mailing list, and I
continue to see a few too many things cropping up there that lead me
to believe that, while 4.0 may be much better than 3.0, it's still
got a little ways to go before it can compare favourably to 3.4 in
all respects.

	4.0 is already better than 3.4 in many areas, but there are still
a few areas where 3.4 is superior, and IMO overall 3.4 is still the
smarter choice -- for now.