Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 01:31:37 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Greg Lehey" <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>, "Bill Moran" <wmoran@iowna.com>, "a brody" <abrody@smart.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Where is Mac OS X in your ports page?

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc%2F26744

it's PR misc/26744  Note the long audit trail, it was
political.  Probably you would want to delete the preamble from the FAQ
entry as it is redundant and political.  But,
note in particular the entry made Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 01:36:15 -0700
which states:

 "Modify http://www.freebsd.org/support.html as to the following..."

That was ready to install into the page and not political either.

I'll be honest Greg - I think this didn't go anywhere because it's long, and
people seem to think there's now an unbreakable law that says all electronic
writing must not exceed 2 sentences in length.  Simply put, no one read the
damn thing completely through.

>> And we still occasionally are getting irritated posts from people
>> that can't subscribe.  It kind of removes some motivation to fix
>> problems that you see on the website.
>
>I pay particular attention to these issues.  I haven't seen many
>lately.

I've seen less of them too.  But the info is still needed.

>> Don't get me wrong, from a HTML perspective the site is fine - it
>> doesen't display upside down and whatnot - it's just that
>> content-wise there's little things here and there that could be
>> helped.
>
>Exactly.  And that's where both Kris and I have been exhorting you to
>help.

Taking care of misc/26744 would be much better than
exhorting.