Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 23:29:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@borg-cube.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help!!  Zillions of comsat processes...

Just a few days ago, I upgraded my main gateway to FreeBSD
4.1-STABLE.  (cvsup date Tue Aug 8, sometime around 6pm PDT).

Everything seems to be fine, except for one thing:

I now have dozens of comsat processes running.
They are in the "I" state (sleeping for more than 20 seconds)

I am using the default line for 'comsat' in /etc/inetd.conf, although I
did try running it as root to see if that would help - it didn't.

I've *never* seen this before now -- the box was running perfectly with
4.0-STABLE with NO errant comsats until the night I cvsupped.

Is this a known problem?  Can anyone enlighten me?  I did a quick search
of the mailing lists and I did check ERRATA, but I didn't see anything
relevant there.

Please direct all replies to freebsd-stable and/or private email.  Thanks!
--
Donald Burr <dburr@borg-cube.com> Resistance is Futile | FreeBSD: The
WWW: http://www.borg-cube.com/  ICQ: UIN#16997506      | Power to