Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:06:20 +0200
From:      Matthew West <mwest@uct.ac.za>
To:        Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware vendor for Mini-ITX?

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 07:32:52PM -0500, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> This is going go be a firewall for a small office. The client wants
> a small machine. I showed him a mini-tower from tiger-direct.com
> (which I hate, but the machine was semi small and dirt chip) and the
> client said no. He said he wants something on the 10" by  15" or
> less ballpark.

Have you taken a look at the single-board computers from Soekris Engineering?

  http://www.soekris.com/

Those should be small enough for your client.  :-)

I have deployed the NET4801 and NET4521 models as a firewall and
firewall/wireless AP respectively, and they work perfectly.

I'm running m0n0wall on them, which is a stripped down version of
FreeBSD 4.9:

  http://m0n0.ch/

No moving parts, no noise, low power draw.  Very happy with them!

--
mwest@uct.ac.za