Date:      Wed, 6 Feb 2002 13:44:04 -0500
From:      "Marko" <markovich@mindspring.com>
To:        "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" <drwilco@drwilco.net>
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[3]: natd UDP errors with PPP demand dial

Thank you for your response, Rogier.

RRM> 1) Have you told natd the interface is dynamic and might change IPs?

Yes, of course.

RRM> 2) If you're using ppp, why even bother with natd? The NAT in ppp uses the
RRM> exact same libalias and gives you less headaches with ipfw because the
RRM> translation on incoming packets is done before they hit ipfw, and outgoing
RRM> after ipfw let them go. I can tell you this helps a lot when trying to use
RRM> dynamic rules.

That's    a   great   idea!   I had not considered it until now. I would
just  need  to  work  the anti-spoofing and private net rules into the ppp nat process
somehow.   I  guess,  I would have to use ppp filtering just for those
rules.   If  I  can  do that, your way does seem to be a good place to
start in resolving my error messages.

Thank you very much for your help!

Marko