Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:22:05 -0400
From:      "Gary T. Corcoran" <gcorcoran@lucent.com>
To:        "Parthasarathy M. Aji" <partha@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel file I/O

Parthasarathy M. Aji wrote:

> Hey All,
> I know how to read and write to a text file in the user level , but I am
> assigned the task of reading data from a file while writing a  kernel
> level C program. I don't know what functions to use, can any of you help
> me. If you can point me to some web links or some code it would be really
> helpful.. Thank you..

Funny you should ask...  ;-)

I asked this same question a couple of weeks ago.  You should be able
to find the answer, including sample code, in the email archives at
the FreeBSD web site.  Gotta run...

Gary
 Gary Corcoran - Distinguished Member of Technical Staff
Lucent Microelectronics - Client Access Broadband Systems
   Communications Protocol & Driver Development Group
   "We make the drivers that make communications work"
              Email: gcorcoran@lucent.com