Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:15:46 -0400
From:      "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Subject:   Re: amandad zombies (fwd)

We had a similiar problem here.  We had meant to submit-pr it but forgot.
In our case it was because inetd had only the amanda line in it (inetd was
not responsible for any other services.  Our guess was that it is an off by
one error in inted somewhere, but we never traced it down further.  Our
work-arround was to enable a second service.

Let me know if this was your problem.
--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Systems Administrator/Research Programmer | Web: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~crossd