Date:      26 Sep 1999 16:48:15 -0700
From:      Michael Endsley <multios@pctechnician.net>
To:        melange@yip.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Signal 11 on 3.3 installation

I will load linux and send it to you. I believe (I haven't double-checked) that my 3.2 slice is
messed up when I made a mistake in trying to upgrade to 3.3
Mike

> Ok.  If you have a working FreeBSD or Linux installation *on that
> machine*, step 1 is to boot into it and give us the output of dmesg .
> This will tell us in good detail exactly what hardware you have.  Step 2
> is to tell us exactly what you're putting in the network configuration.
>
> If you don't have a working Unix[-like] installation on the machine, you
> could boot again with the boot floppies, switch to the console before
> doing any of the installation steps (with alt-F1, I think; it's been a
> while...) and copy down the boot messages.  Hitting Scroll Lock will
> allow you to scroll up to messages that have gone off the top of the
> screen.
>
> I do not believe any progress will be made with this problem until we have
> the above information.

I have and run the following:
OS/2 Warp 3 & 4
Linux (Debian 2.1 and Redhat 5.2)
FreeBSD 3.0 & 2.21
Windows 3.1 95 & 98
Amiga 500 & 4000

If that can't keep a person confused then nothing can! :)