Date:      Sun, 03 Jan 2010 00:07:23 +0530
From:      Manish Jain <invalid.pointer@gmail.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        rsmith@xs4all.nl, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need help configuring upsd, sound and logo saver on freebsd 8.0

On 01/01/10 20:26, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> Manish Jain wrote:
>
>> 3) For my console saver ('logo'), I get the following error message at
>> boot-time :
>>
>> module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (logo_saver, 0xffffffff81044010, 0)
>> error 19
>
> Seems to be a long standing bug on amd64 systems: graphics based console
> screen savers don't work. Any of the text based screen savers will function
> correctly, although they don't look as nice.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matthew

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for your reply. The only point that remains to be made is that I
find the 'Cheers' at the end of your message quite ironic.

Being the owner of 2 kittens, I must dutifully assert that there is
nothing to cheer about under the current situation. For the three of us,
it has been a long-standing favourite pastime to watch Chuck in action.
We would miss football (for some reason called soccer in the US) games /
cricket games / movies / all other forms of entertainment, just to wait
and watch for Chuck to show up. My kittens never managed to grab him,
despite numerous valiant efforts. But this never undermined the
fascination all three of us shared for Chuck.

If ever the FreeBSD operating system or AMD processors had a bug, this
would be it. Above all, even to someone not in love with cats, having a
genial and smiling mouse would be infinitely preferable to having such a
nasty bug.

Cheers

Manish Jain
invalid.pointer@gmail.com