Date:      Sun, 2 Jul 1995 21:53:46 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jbeukema@HK.Super.NET
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, jkh@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: damaged file system

 * I am missing /etc/rc now (and who knows what else).  To see whether I can
 * avoid reinstalling the entire binary distribution, can someone send me a
 * copy by mail.  I have the sources so I will try and make world after
 * getting up multi-user.  I suggest someone who understands pkg_add check
 * out the cern_httpd one.

I don't claim to understand pkg_add (only Jordan does :) but I can't
see why pkg_add can damage the filesystem like that, the cern_httpd
package is just a "regular" package without any fancy frills or
anything.  (I just tried the 2.0.5 package on our development machine
(thud), it went fine without destroying anything.)

My guess is that you had an accident in the filesystem just when
pkg_add was running.

Satoshi