Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2012 00:44:41 +0400
From:      Ruslan Bukin <br@bsdpad.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   newbus / snd_hdspe(4) trouble

Hi.

I have the problem with different behavior of snd_hdspe(4) sound card
driver initialization.

If I load the driver by hand using kldload everything works fine,
but in case of loading driver at boot time (loader.conf) or compile
in kernel the driver can't initialize propertly.

The snd_hdspe(4) driver is designed to create a pcm child device per
each pair of sound channels.

The problem is that snd_hdspe loaded normally, but pcm child devices
are not appears. hdspe_pcm_probe() in driver is not called at all.
However snd_hdspe_pcm driver exists in kldstat -v after boot:
 5    1 0xffffffff81377000 a2c8     snd_hdspe.ko (/boot/kernel/snd_hdspe.ko)
 Contains modules:
 	  Id Name
	      7 hdspe/snd_hdspe_pcm
	      	 6 pci/snd_hdspe

and I have checked, device_add_child() returns not NULL.

I played with MODULE_DEPEND as done in snd_hda(4) but no luck.
What can I do to debug the problem?

-Ruslan