Date:      Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:59:11 +0100
From:      Stefan Haglund <stefan.haglund@crystalnorth.com>
To:        Alejandro Pulver <alejandro@varnet.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Samba problems

First of all, make sure those mounts are accessible for normal users, if
you haven't. It's under the options for the mount in /etc/fstab, I
think. You can always do a 'man fstab' if unsure.

Does the username/password (check out 'smbpasswd') you are using to
connect to samba exist in the samba user database? If not, samba won't
know who you are, and will use the default guest user to access files
(usually very restricted). That might be why you can access the mounts
when you log in to the server, but not through server.

If you go with the first, ALL users will have access. If you want to
restrict it to, say,  a certain group, you have to go with the second
solution I think (and add users in the samba user database).

Hope I got the issue correctly, else I dunno :-).

Regards,
Stefan Haglund