Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 1996 22:32:32 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu
Cc:        lray@aurora.liunet.edu, QUESTIONS@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KERBEROS?

> >> I'm trying to install the server version of Kerberos5-beta6 on my FreeBSD
> >> 2.1.0 machine.  The documentation clearly states that a bug in the sed command
>
> > This is already available in the FreeBSD distribution as 'eBones' -
> > there's even a handbook entry on how to set it up.
>
> No, it is not.  Read the message carefully.

I did.

> `lray' specifically said `Kerberos 5'.

Yes, I noticed that.

> eBones is Kerberos 4.  There is not now, and probably
> never will be, a free implementation of Kerberos 5 available outside
> the US and Canada.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I did look in the handbook, but it just
mentioned 'kerberos', without any further qualification (this was the
2.1.0-RELEASE version of the handbook - presumably this has since been
clarified?)

Thanks for the correction.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland