Date:      Tue, 07 May 1996 21:00:30 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@gaia.coppe.ufrj.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: slip -> IP Checksum Error ???

>  I'm in the process of converting from NetBSD 1.0 to FreeBSD 2.1.0.
>I had a sliplogin setup that used to work in NetBSD, but when running
>in FreeBSD generates LOTS of IP Checksum Errors and TCP Checksum Errors.
>I brought all /etc/sliphome directory.  Browsing the manual, it seens
>to have the same sintax for all files, so I think it's not a port
>problem.

>  I've heard about VJ compression errors in FreeBSD-stable, does
>this aply to 2.1.0 ?

   There aren't any VJ compression errors in -stable and there never were.
There was a bugfix that prevents kernel memory corruption when certain garbage
packets are received, but VJ compression itself works fine.
   I suggest checking hardware flow control; this handled differently in
FreeBSD than it is in NetBSD.

-DG

David Greenman