Date:      Tue, 14 May 1996 02:46:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Craig Shaver" <craig@ProGroup.COM>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM with FreeBSD 2.1 ?

> David Mikov stands accused of saying:
> > 	Can somebody tell me if I will have problems running the
> > 	following graphics card with FreeBSD 2.1, or is it fully
> > 	supported?
> >
> > 	Diamond Multimedia Stealth 64 Video VRAM PCI
> >
> > 		BIOS: 	V3.00
> > 		CHIP:	S3 Vision 968 (86C968-P)
> > 	      RAMDAC:	IBM 37RGB526CF22
> >
> > 	Would this be a good choice, or is there an alternative
> > 	at this budget level?
>
> No problem; should be a good performer.
>
> > 						Regards DEM.
>
> --
> ]] Mike Smith, Software Engineer        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au    [[

Yes it is.  I have one of these.  However, you may need to get the
3.1.2D beta Xfree86 to make it work properly.  The ibm 526 ramdac is
not supported in the base version.  It can be made to work as another
ibm type ramdac I think.  Read all of the doco's to make sure you
set it up right.

--
Craig Shaver  (craig@progroup.com) (415)390-0654
Productivity Group POB 60458 Sunnyvale, CA  94088