Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 14:41:11 -0400
From:      Rob Miracle <rwm@MPGN.COM>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Max Files Open

We had changed the Kernel Parameter (params.c)
maxfilesperproc to 2048 and rebuilt the Kernel.  It still only let us have
64 files open.  (FreeBSD 2.2-current)  After searching around for 64
through all the C and H files we found a #define in syslimits.h:

#define OPEN_MAX 64

Which also claimed to be the per process file descriptor limit.

Why are their two different parameters?  Under Ultrix, we just changed the
one file in params.c and it was done.  Seems to me these should be the same.

Comments?
Rob

--
Rob Miracle <rwm@TanSoft.com>