Date:      3 Dec 1999 17:53:33 -0000
From:      "Gary Howland" <gary@hotlava.com>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Running linux visual age for java

Hi,

When I run the ide binary of visual age for java, I now get this
under truss:

	syscall getpid()
		returns 8087 (0x1f97)
	syscall linux_sigaction(0xa,0xbfbfdb48,0x0)
		returns 0 (0x0)
	syscall linux_sigaction(0xc,0xbfbfdb3c,0x0)
		returns 0 (0x0)
	syscall linux_sigprocmask(0x0,0xbfbfdb78,0x0)
		returns 0 (0x0)
	SIGNAL 11
	SIGNAL 11
	Process stopped because of:  16
	process exit, rval = 11
	zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  truss ./ide

So, I am to beleive that this is a genuine segmentation violation, not
a kernel emulation bug?

And can this be solved by using different linux libraries?

Gary