Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 1995 19:43:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Help! I got a bad block....

the drive will not forward the block if it thinks it can't recover the data
that's why a write of nulls to the block SHOULD succeed..
it can forward that , knowing that the previous contents no-longer matter..
There is code in the driver to order a single block to be forwarded..
It's all there.. all it needs is to call the appropriate function from an
ioctl. The only thing that was holding me back was the question of
which .h file should define the ioctl..?