Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 1997 00:30:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
Cc:        "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggestions for extending minor numbers...

4 cyclades 64 port cards in a freebsd machine sounds like a rockin
terminal server to me -- you could run it as an isdn terminal server if it
was connected via 100baseT, but you would probably want at least 128MB of
ram in the thing don't you think -- not to mention wouldn't it need to be
a ppro200 to really handle that? Anyway I'd love to see someone actually
running something like that. I can't remember if cyclades 64 port cards
are syncronous or what -- i saw then at a trade show and bought an 8 port
job the type with the octopuss cable the tends to get tangled -- damn good
card and company in my opinion, although my version I don't think is
synchronous so I don't know how good that would be for running an isdn TA.