Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:11:36 +0700
From:      budsan02@bdg.centrin.net.id
To:        freebsd-questions@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: conflict: orinoco card vs 3com in my 4.4-stable box?

----- Original Message -----
From: Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To: <budsan02@bdg.centrin.net.id>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@FREEBSD.ORG>
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 1:30 PM

> You're starting in the wrong place.  First you need to know whether
> the card is even being recognized.  What does wicontrol tell you?
>
> Greg
> --

It is recognised: it prints out message to stdout during booting:
-Lucent TechnologiesWaveLAN/IEEE card fount at irq 5 slot 0 at address <hex
addr, sorry i can't remember..>
-Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE inserted.
-pccard started.

But theres another error msg printed out to stdout:
Can't find 202.143.99.200: network is unreachable

If i test the same card, along together with 3com eth card in my windows box
it runs completely ok
and can ping/connect everywhere.
Unfortunately configuration in window 2000 is completely automatic/ i can't
find out what's the setting in window
except some irq's and gateway ip that's left BLANK in 3com eth win2000
TCP/IP setting.

What's seems to be the core of the problem? False route between the cards or
false wicontrol setting?
If so the problem is false route, how can I route my 3com ethernet to
itself/ without pointing it to ISP gateway also,
so it won't collide with my orinoco's wi0 setting?

Need help asap,
thanks,
budsz