Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:26:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Stable List)
Subject:   Still can't get 4.0 make world to work :-(

	I posted about this yesterday. But I still have not made it work, so I
	am sending more details.

	I installed a brand new 4.0 machine from the ftp site this weekend.
	Built the cvsup port, asked for cvsup tags, and cvsuped using the
	following cvsut_files

# $Id: ports-supfile,v 1.14.2.1 1999/02/11 20:14:51 jdp Exp $
#
# This file contains all of the "CVSup collections" that make up the
# FreeBSD-current ports collection.
#
# CVSup (CVS Update Protocol) allows you to download the latest CVS
# tree (or any branch of development therefrom) to your system easily
# and efficiently (far more so than with sup, which CVSup is aimed
# at replacing).  If you're running CVSup interactively, and are
# currently using an X display server, you should run CVSup as follows
# to keep your CVS tree up-to-date:
#
#	cvsup ports-supfile
#
# If not running X, or invoking cvsup from a non-interactive script, then
# run it as follows:
#
#	cvsup -g -L 2 ports-supfile
#
# You may wish to change some of the settings in this file to better
# suit your system:
#
# host=CHANGE_THIS.FreeBSD.org
#		This specifies the server host which will supply the
#		file updates.  You must change it to one of the CVSup
#		mirror sites listed in the FreeBSD Handbook at
#		http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
#		You can	override this setting on the command line
#		with cvsup's "-h host" option.
#
# base=/usr
#		This specifies the root where CVSup will store information
#		about the collections you have transferred to your system.
#		A setting of "/usr" will generate this information in
#		/usr/sup.  Even if you are CVSupping a large number of
#		collections, you will be hard pressed to generate more than
#		~1MB of data in this directory.  You can override the
#		"base" setting on the command line with cvsup's "-b base"
#		option.  This directory must exist in order to run CVSup.
#
# prefix=/usr
#		This specifies where to place the requested files.  A
#		setting of "/usr" will place all of the files requested
#		in "/usr/ports" (e.g., "/usr/ports/devel", "/usr/ports/lang").
#		The prefix directory must exist in order to run CVSup.

# Defaults that apply to all the collections
#
# IMPORTANT: Change the next line to use one of the CVSup mirror sites
# listed at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
*default host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
*default compress

## Ports Collection.
#
# The easiest way to get the ports tree is to use the "ports-all"
# mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "ports-*"
# collections,
# ports-all

# These are the individual collections that make up "ports-all".  If you
# use these, be sure to comment out "ports-all" above.
ports-archivers
ports-astro
ports-audio
ports-base
ports-benchmarks
ports-biology
ports-cad
#ports-chinese
ports-comms
ports-converters
ports-databases
ports-deskutils
ports-devel
ports-editors
ports-emulators
ports-games
#ports-german
ports-graphics
#ports-japanese
#ports-korean
ports-lang
ports-mail
ports-math
ports-mbone
ports-misc
ports-net
ports-news
ports-plan9
ports-print
#ports-russian
ports-security
ports-shells
ports-sysutils
ports-textproc
#ports-vietnamese
ports-www
ports-x11
ports-x11-clocks
ports-x11-fm
ports-x11-fonts
ports-x11-toolkits
ports-x11-wm

# $Id: secure-stable-supfile,v 1.9.2.2 1999/02/11 20:14:51 jdp Exp $
#
# This file contains all of the "CVSup collections" that make up the
# source tree of the FreeBSD-stable international secure distribution.
# If you are outside the USA or Canada, use this file.
#
# CVSup (CVS Update Protocol) allows you to download the latest CVS
# tree (or any branch of development therefrom) to your system easily
# and efficiently (far more so than with sup, which CVSup is aimed
# at replacing).  If you're running CVSup interactively, and are
# currently using an X display server, you should run CVSup as follows
# to keep your CVS tree up-to-date:
#
#	cvsup secure-stable-supfile
#
# If not running X, or invoking cvsup from a non-interactive script, then
# run it as follows:
#
#	cvsup -g -L 2 secure-stable-supfile
#
# You may wish to change some of the settings in this file to better
# suit your system:
#
# base=/usr
#		This specifies the root where CVSup will store information
#		about the collections you have transferred to your system.
#		A setting of "/usr" will generate this information in
#		/usr/sup.  Even if you are CVSupping a large number of
#		collections, you will be hard pressed to generate more than
#		~1MB of data in this directory.  You can override the
#		"base" setting on the command line with cvsup's "-b base"
#		option.  This directory must exist in order to run CVSup.
#
# prefix=/usr
#		This specifies where to place the requested files.  A
#		setting of "/usr" will place all of the files requested
#		in "/usr/src" (i.e., "/usr/src/eBones" and "/usr/src/secure").
#		The prefix directory must exist in order to run CVSup.

# Defaults that apply to all the collections
*default host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
# The following line is for 3-stable.  If you want 2.2-stable, change
# "RELENG_3" to "RELENG_2_2".
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
*default compress

## The international secure collections.
src-all

[...]

*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
*default compress

## The international secure collections.
src-crypto
src-eBones
src-secure

	The resultant make world dies as follows:

rm -f .depend
mkdep -f .depend -a    -DHAVE_DES -I/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include  /usr/src/
usr.sbin/ppp/acf.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/arp.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/async.c /us
r/src/usr.sbin/ppp/auth.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/bundle.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/c
bcp.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/ccp.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/chap.c /usr/src/usr.sbin
/ppp/chat.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/command.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/datalink.c /us
r/src/usr.sbin/ppp/deflate.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/defs.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/
exec.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/filter.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/fsm.c /usr/src/usr.s
bin/ppp/hdlc.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/id.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/iface.c /usr/src
/usr.sbin/ppp/ip.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/ipcp.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/iplist.c /
usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/lcp.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/link.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/lo
g.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/lqr.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/main.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/p
pp/mbuf.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/mp.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/pap.c /usr/src/usr.sb
in/ppp/physical.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/pred.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/probe.c /us
r/src/usr.sbin/ppp/prompt.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/proto.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/
route.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/server.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/sig.c /usr/src/usr.
sbin/ppp/slcompress.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/sync.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/systems
.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/tcp.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/throughput.c /usr/src/usr.s
bin/ppp/timer.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/tty.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/tun.c /usr/src
/usr.sbin/ppp/udp.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/vjcomp.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/nat_cmd
.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/chap_ms.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/radius.c /usr/src/usr.s
bin/ppp/i4b.c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/ether.c
/usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/chap_ms.c:30: openssl/des.h: No such file or directory
mkdep: compile failed
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/usr.sbin.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
test#

	I am thinking I may have a problem with the security related cvsup
	tags. Does this make senes? If so what tags should I be using?

	I have re cvsuped, with no sucess. If anyone thinks I should delete
	somethign before cvsup'ing. please sugest what.

	I am trying to solve a problem with the 3c509 driver from 3.4 with
	this, and I really need to get to a point where I can test to see if
	this bug is fixed.

	Thanks for the help.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955