Date:      Sun, 8 Jun 1997 15:54:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        parrothd@midwest.net (Jon Lyons)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel Source Code/Sound Blaster PNP

In a previous message, Jon Lyons said:
> This is a very basic question, but where can I ftp/nfs_mount the Kernel
> source files for 2.2.2? I'd like to re-complie my kernel to support my
> sound blaster PnP, but the files I need aren't in /usr/src/sys/. I've
> tried to re-enter my sysinstall program and select ( full source) but it
> seems like it wants to re-download everything, not something I want to
> do over a dail-up. Is there a patch or something that will add PnP
> support to 2.2.2 instead of re-compliing?

I think all you need to do is to ftp the ssys.a? files from dists/src

> Is the Sound Blaster PnP supported by FreeBsD?

I don't think PNP is supported, but if the config comes up right you can
set the kernel to use it.

On the other hand, you might want to look at the OSS driver from
4front-tech.com. They sell a loadable kernel module for $20. I
use it and like it alot.

--
It was evening, and the smooth active badgers were scratching
and boring holes in the hill-side: all unhappy were the parrots;