Date:      Sat, 09 Feb 2008 23:16:42 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: USB Graphic Tablets

Chuck Robey wrote:

> Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> > Chuck Robey wrote:
> >> Well, my first question is, does there exist a tool for USB that let's you
> >> view the raw return from the usb probing?  I want to see what this device
> >> is actually identifying itself as.  Actual numeric vendor IDs and product
> >> IDs are the sort of thing I'm after.  Something a whole lot more detailed
> >> that usbdevs, please.  Even the dmesg listing (as I show above) hasn't got
> >> the numbers and tails I need.
> >
> > Hi Chuck,
> > On list    sane-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org (A mostly Linux using
> > crownd though not just, some BSD) They mostly seem to rec. some
> > (free I assume) MS$ comparible .exe prog for snatching USB traffic
> > to then analyse / develop for *IX drivers. I don't remember prog name,
> > but http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel
> > Julian
>
> Thanks much for the URL, I will definitely look it up.  I'm a bit surprised
> that the SANE folks, who I took to be scanner-oriented, should be
> interested in graphic tablets.

Err, they're not far as I know, but they often seem to want to grab
byte streams on scanners to then analyse for Sane.  I guess what
one wants to later use the grabbed traffic for doesnt matter, so
long as one has the traffic grabbed for analysis ?

Maybe current@ or usb@ might know more than hackers@

--
Julian Stacey.  BSD Unix Linux Net Consultant, Munich.  http://berklix.com