Date:      Sat, 9 Apr 2011 17:31:36 +0200
From:      Chris Richardson <chris.richardson.bsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org,  freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel Tracking Question.. regarding kernel and boot files

Hi all,

   I am totally new to FreeBSD. I was involved within project which will
trace the kernel. I used ktrace but I could not get appropriate results
about the files being opened. I don't see any of the boot files boot0-1 or 2
in the ktrace.out file. Where did they go? Is ktrace the best "trace suite"
for freebsd kernel? What about going through source code .. Is it better to
use Combination of Ecllipse/Qemu and FreeBSD Source tree? Does this method
will provide us with someway to see how booting process invokes the kernel
to memory ? Any help will be appreciated.

Yours,

Chris