Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 11:03:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, fmayhar@locus.com
Subject:   Re: Show-stopper crashes on 2.1-STABLE and 2.1.0-072695-SNAP.

Joerg wrote:
> Since Frank has apparently email problems, and i'm not sure if this
> report appeared in the lists, is it a known problem?

Thanks, Joerg, but the problem appears to be hardware.  I finally yanked
the pipeline burst cache module, and haven't had a single crash in almost
24 hours of continuous news unbatching (I had a _lot_ of backed up news
batches).  I'm sending the module back today, and should have a new one
by Wednesday.  (The alternative is that it's a problem in the cache circuitry
of the motherboard itself, but that will only become apparent if the system
fails in the same way with the new PB module.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed
that it's the module itself.)

Oh, and the email problems have been fixed.  Thanks.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com