Date:      Mon, 08 Mar 1999 07:00:17 -0800
From:      David Stern <dstern@u.washington.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: another question 'mount /dev/fd0'

On Mon, 08 Mar 1999 17:01:58 +0800, "Max Wong" wrote:
> When I execute the command ' mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt', I got the error
> messsage ' /kernel:  mountmsdosfs():  bad bpd
> msods:/dev/fd0 Invalid argument'
>
> What's wrong with that?

I've only used freebsd for about one week, so I don't really know, but
I had something similar happen with ext2 partitions because I didn't
have ext2fs support in the kernel, so first thing I'd check is if
msdosfs support is in your kernel.  (Kernel compiling instructions are
in the freebsd handbook.)

Of course, there's all the basics, too.  Having /sbin in your path,
having the mount_msdos file there, having the /mnt directory with
proper permissions, having the /dev/fd0 device file, having /dev/fd0
configured properly in the running kernel, ...

You are trying this when logged in as root, I trust.
--
David
dstern@u.washington.edu