Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:42:52 +0300
From:      "Andrey V. Semyonov" <wilfre@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Put non-ether iface + ether-iface into bridge mode

Hi,

Is it possible to make a non-ether iface work bridged together ether-iface?
As for example:

[NET1] <-> {if1_1}[ROUTER1]{if1_0} <-> wireless <->
{if0_0}[ROUTER0]{if0_1} <-> [NET0]
                                                       {ppp1}

As for insufficient security provided by wireless protocols I try to
establish {ppp1}-{ppp0} encrypted link on top of wireless link
{if1_0}-{if0_0}. But the figure is there are not only IP packets in the
wire, also it must transport IPX packets, so I decided to transport all
of ethernet traffic between routers through ppp-link and setting
{if1_1}+{ppp1}=bridge1 and {ppp0}+{if0_1}=bridge0. But neither
ng_bridge, nor if_bridge allow to set bridged non-ether type iface.