Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 1998 07:16:03 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        szoli@netvisor.hu (Memphisto)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question on pthreads.

Memphisto wrote:
> I'm currently trying to compile a threaded app on FreeBSD. The problem is
> that this app uses a function called pthread_setcancelstate() which is
> declared in <pthread.h>, but I just can't link the app, because this
> function doesn't seem to exist in the libc_r library. What can I do know?
> Am I wrong and it does exist or shall I compile the MIT patched pthreads
> library?

For the time being, pthread_setcancelstate() shouldn't be declared there.
It would be unusual for an application to use pthread_setcancelstate()
without pthread_cancel(). Refer to the other discussion about using that.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137