Date:      Sun, 07 Jul 2002 15:45:13 +0300
From:      "paul serheyev" <pau1@ukr.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   int Modem Genius and linux driver in bsd

I have an internal modem/and i really cant configure it on my Freebsd4/4
And as i know my modem(Genius 56PCI-L MODEM(chip lucent)) is winmodem(softmodem)
But I know also that on Linux it works and I even have driver for these modem
for Linux/
So the question is --if it works on Linux so maybe it will work on Freebsd4/4??
Or mabe I can use this driver?and if I can What should i change here(in ltinst
script) to make him(driver script) work properly

and driver contents of these files :

devmodem
ltinst             <--------------------------------
ltmodem.o
modem
uninst

here steps to install it :

INSTALLING THE Lucent Modem Driver

Following are the steps to follow to INSTALL the Lucent modem
driver for Linux.

Step 1
To install the Lucent modem driver in LINUX, you need to run
the install script "./ltinst" from the command prompt.
To install the modem driver you must be logged on as root.

Step 2
To use the Lucent modem, you can configure "minicom" for the
modem device.
Enter "minicom -s" at the command prompt.
Choose "Serial Port Setup"
For "Serial Device" choose "/dev/modem"
Save settings and start using the modem with minicom.

AND LTINST SCRIPT

#!/bin/sh

group="uucp"
mode="666"

device="/dev/ttyS14"

/sbin/insmod -f ltmodem

rm -f $device

mknod $device c 62 78

rm -f /dev/modem

ln -s $device /dev/modem

chgrp $group $device
chmod $mode $device

cp ltmodem.o /lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc/

echo "/sbin/insmod -f ltmodem" >> /etc/rc.d/rc.local