Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:38:44 -0600
From:      itchibahn <freebsd@isot.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Diagnosing System Lockups

Ever since our amdin installed MailScanner, the system would completely lockup
at least 3 times a day and power had to be recycled.  MailScanner has been
disabled, but the system is still locking up.

I've looked at everything in /var/log but don't see anything with clue.  Do you
think this is a hardware problem?  But then, I didn't have any problem before
until MailScanner was installed.

I'm using FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE, P4 1.7GHZ, 1GB, 80G IDE 8M buffer drive.