Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 2015 08:04:09 -0600
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@buildingonline.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd-update and whatis

I have 9 servers running 9.3-RELEASE p19

They are all pretty much identical at the / and /usr level with
differences in /usr/local

On two of these servers, freebsd-update keeps updating
/usr/share/man/whatis after periodic weekly updates whatis

The other 7 don't care.

I know I can add /usr/share/man/whatis to freebsd-update.com IgnorePaths

But.. what I'd really like to know is what may have triggered this
behavior only on two out of 9 servers?

Thanks,
Dan