Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 01:07:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   bktr/fxtv/ADS Channel Surfer

I have an ADS Technologies Channel Surfer card. The Brooktree chip is
a Bt848AKPF, the tuner is a TEMIC 3x1 981. With fxtv, I can get video
from any of the direct video inputs ("video" and "s-video") but all
attempts to get a useful signal out of the tuner have failed.  I
changed selection in the 'card signature' in the driver, so it selects
the correct tuner but all I get is white snow. The only message from
the driver is 'ioctl: tsleep error 35 20000xx' whenever I start fxtv
with the tuner (the xx varies).

Boot messages:
-----
bktr0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0
bktr0: interrupting at irq 7
bktr0: buffer size 3555328, addr 0x6000000
bktr: GPIO is 0x00ffffff
card signature
 00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  02  00  00  00

ADS Channel Surfer, Temic NTSC tuner.
-----

The OS is NetBSD/i386-current, fxtv is version 1.0 and
brooktree848.c has RCS version 1.85

Any help would be appreciated.

--
    - aew

BTW, I am not on this list, so please keep me in the Cc list.