Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:26:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        l_thillet@hotmail.com (Luis Thillet)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Download

> Dear Developers:
>

> I have been trying (FOR A LONGTIME) to download a FreeBSD Unix OS (i.e. 5.4,
> 6.0-RELEASE iso.i386).  But it has never worked.  I was wondering if your
> company/team/crew have disabled it.
> If no then how can I go about doing that.

It is not disabled.
But your site or ISP may have set things up so that you have to
use passive ftp or some port of your ports may be blocked by the ISP
or a local firewall.   Those are the likely problems.

Try switching to passive ftp first, or if that is they way you
are already running, try switching to active ftp.   The FreeBSD site
will do both.

If that doesn't help, start checking ports and your ISP's policies.

Good luck,

////jerry