Date:      Sun, 3 Jul 2005 17:39:29 +0200 (SAST)
From:      "TvZ" <TelkomSA87213@telkomsa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multi-User Single System

At last...my e-mail is up and running again.

I have a question which Linux users can answer and wondering
if freebsd can come up with a simpler implementation.

Groovix (the company) devised a Linux system that multiple users can connect
to at one time. Thus...4 screens, 4 keyboards, 4 mice ect...

Then there is "Backstreet Ruby" for linux and a lot of kernel patches
included that can convert a linux kernel to a multi-user system aswell.

I'm set up with the task of implementing this system on a freebsd system
This is my first encounter with bsd and am impressed, yet I have a few
problems when trying to implement the Multi-User Xsessions.

The USB keyboards are seen but can not be declared as the CoreKeyboards in
the
Xorg.conf.
The only way I got to get the other keyboards to work was to use
kbdcontrol and
give full control of the consol to a spesific keyboard. Which beats the
purpose.

And then the other thing...I still have to learn how to start multiple
independent sessions of X on different screens.

Any help would be greatly apreciated...May even buy you a diital beer. :)
Thanks
Tertius van Zyl