Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:56:12 -0500
From:      Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>
Cc:        Beau <beau@dentedreality.com.au>, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Documentation

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 08:52:42AM -0700, John Reynolds~ wrote:

> [ On Tuesday, January 30, Beau wrote: ]
> > Hi, I;m new to FreeBSD and want to have a read of the manual before I start
> > installing willy-nilly, and I was wondering if there is a version available
> > with the entire handbook in one html document? or a zip/tar containing it
> > all would be fine.
> >
> > Thanks for your help and I look forward to BSDing!
> >

> More forms than you could imagine :)
>
>   ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/handbook/
>
> The FAQ is also in the same relative path. We should put this into the FAQ as
> it's becoming a FAQ :)

To quote http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook/index.html :

... The latest version of this document is always available from the
<link>FreeBSD World Wide Web server</link>. It may also be downloaded in
a variety of formats and compression options from the <link>FreeBSD FTP

--
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org