Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:22:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/45417: everybuddy installs modules in wrong place

>Number:         45417
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       everybuddy installs modules in wrong place
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
	FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE, the port, net/everybuddy, is at,

# $FreeBSD: ports/net/everybuddy/Makefile,v 1.20 2002/09/03 01:06:20 lioux Exp $

	Everybuddy installs its modules in the wrong place (or it is
looking in the wrong place). The modules end up in,

	/usr/X11R6/lib/everybuddy/modules/

However, when you start up everybuddy, you get a warning that it
cannot find any modules in,

	/usr/X11R6/share/everybuddy/modules/

Note that the difference is that install puts them above the 'lib'
directory and the executable looks in 'share.'

>How-To-Repeat:
	Install the port from scratch and try to run it.

>Fix:
	I'm not sure whether this is a result of the port trying to
control the install prefix and messing things up, or something within
everybuddy itself. However, for a quick (and ugly) workaround,

	# ln -s ../lib/everybuddy /usr/X11R6/share

Or insert your PREFIX for /usr/X11R6.