Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:16:07 +0200
From:      Robert Joosten <robert@ml.erje.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   new sys/nlm since 6.4

Hi List,

some of the highlights of 6.4 (and I cite the announcement):
"New and much-improved NFS Lock Manager (NLM) client".

Sounds great. My old nfs-box serving pxe clients is still at 6.3. Clients
run 7.x and 8.

On the clients run postfix, but having installed 8.0 on the nfs-server,
postfix complains:

Apr 18 19:49:45 mostrd postfix/cleanup[805]: fatal: select lock:
Permission denied

Further testing revealed: as of 6.4 something has changed. Trying to stuff
in the old nfs, rpc.statd, etc etc into the 8.0 src proves
to be not that simple (hah).

Now, what has been changed precisely ? All other things on the client run
okay (yeah, well dovecot is in companion of postfix iirc. tested a few
months ago).

Am I missing some magic knob ? Or are both postfix and dovecot
handles to their locking plain wrong (now) and do I need to patch them.

Looking for some clue where to go now ;-)

Regards,
Robert