Date:      Sat, 12 Dec 2015 20:44:23 -0200
From:      =?utf-8?B?THXDrXM=?= Fernando Schultz Xavier da Silveira <schultz@ime.usp.br>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   OSS in jail

Hi,

I would like one of my jails to have the ability to play back sound,
but not to record it. As I understand, sound is played back by writing
to /dev/dsp and recorded by reading from it. Hence, placing the /dev/dsp
device (and /dev/dsp[0-9]* devices) in the jail via devfs.rules is not
a solution since the jail superuser can override permissions on these
devices and even read from them when they lack read permission.

Is there a way to give a device to a jail in write-only mode?
If not, is it possible to create a virtual OSS stack and give that to
the jail?
How would you solve this problem?

Also, is it possible to give the jail a mixer device that can only read
mixer settings but not alter them?

Thanks,
Luís